Uniform Policy & Order Form
Park East Dress Code Policy 2023-24 (updated 8/17/2023)
Park East High School is one of many DOE schools that have adopted school uniforms. In order to maintain a positive learning environment, it is expected that Park East students dress in a professional manner. We expect Park East students to be dressed appropriately to ensure safety and to keep the focus on teaching and learning. We would like all parents and guardians to remind students of proper dress protocols on campus. The school uniform is intended to develop a sense of pride and enhance our coherence as a community. Students must be in full uniform to attend classes and remain in full uniform throughout the day.
Park East Uniform consists of the following:
- Park East logo polo (short-sleeved), Park East logo crew neck shirt (long-sleeved), Park East T-shirt, or East Harlem Pride T-shirt.
- Park East logo hoodie, Park East quarter-zip fleece.
- Regular shoes, Crocs, or sneakers in any color and with any design. (no slides)
- Blue, khaki (beige), gray, or black pants/cargo pants, shorts, or skirt; or PE sweatpants only. (no leggings)
- Seniors ONLY may wear college hoodies.
Be mindful that:
- Jean jackets and coats are allowed on top of a visible uniform shirt.
- Park East shirts must be visible under a Park East zip-up hoodie if it is zipped down. NO NON PE HOODIES ARE ALLOWED
- Undershirts must be solid navy blue or white.
- Skirts, dresses, and shorts must be at least fingertip length.
- Pants must fit around the waist – no oversized, sagging pants. No visible underwear.
- On game days, athletes may wear their full Park East athletic attire or PE athletic tops with PE sweats.
Prohibited forms of dress at Park East High School include, but are not limited to:
- Jeans, skin-tight stretchy pants, leggings, jeggings, biker shorts, joggers, or non-PE sweatpants.
- Hats/headgear (or hoods from hoodies on the head) other than for religious purposes.
- Clothing that does not provide coverage of the torso, undergarments, and private body parts, including see-through garments of any kind.
- Clothing that contains references to drugs, alcohol, sex, violence, racism, or gang-affiliation.
- Flip-flops, open-toe shoes of any kind, or flimsy sandals.
- Sunglasses while indoors.
Note that the dress code applies during special events; however, students may be allowed to wear other items based on the day’s activities as approved by the administration. Recommended: 4-5 shirts, 2 hoodies and/or fleeces, 3-5 pairs of pants. Please order uniform items from the Park East High School web store. If you cannot purchase uniforms due to financial hardship, please contact Admin, Dean, or Parent Coordinator Ms. Ramirez (x 102).
Consequences: Being out of Dress Code is punishable by lunch detention, Saturday detention, exclusion from dress-down days and other school events. The student will be expected to adjust his/her clothing appropriately to conform with the Dress Code (e.g., turning shirt inside out, borrowing temporary clothing until the end of the school day, etc.)