Uniform Policy & Order Form
Park East High School is one of many DOE schools that have adopted school uniforms. The school uniform is intended to develop a sense of school pride and make sure that students’ appearance does not cause a distraction or constitute a threat to anyone’s health or safety. Students must be in full uniform in order to attend classes and must remain in full uniform throughout the day.
The uniform consists of:
- Park East logo polo (short-sleeved), Park East logo crew neck shirt (long-sleeved), Park East T-shirt, or East Harlem Pride T-shirt.
- Park East logo hoodie or quarter-zip fleece OR solid-colored gray, navy blue, black, or white zip-up hoodie or cardigan sweater. (Note that non-Park East layers must be open to show the Park East uniform shirt underneath.)
- Blue, khaki (beige), gray, or black pants/cargo pants, shorts, or skirt; or PE sweatpants only.
- Regular shoes, sneakers, or Crocs, in any color and with any design.
- Seniors ONLY may wear college hoodies.
Keep in mind that:
- Jean jackets and coats are allowed on top of a visible uniform shirt.
- Undershirts must be solid navy blue or white.
- Skirts, dresses, and shorts must be at least fingertip length.
- Pants must fit around the waist – no oversized, sagging pants. No visible underwear.
- On game days, athletes may wear their Park East athletic attire.
Students may not wear:
- Jeans, skintight stretchy pants, leggings, joggers, or non-PE sweatpants.
- Hats/headgear, other than for religious purposes.
- Hoods of their hoodies up over their heads
- Tank tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, or other beachwear.
- Flip-flops or flimsy sandals.
Note that the dress code applies during special events; however, students may be allowed to wear other items based on the day’s activities as approved by administration.
Recommended items: 4-5 shirts, 2 hoodies and/or fleeces, 3-5 pairs of pants. Please order uniform items from the Park East High School webstore.
If you cannot purchase uniforms due to financial hardship, please contact Admin, Dean, or Parent Coordinator Ms. Ramirez (x 102).