Uniform Policy & Order Form
Park East High School is one of many DOE schools that have adopted school uniforms. The school uniform is intended to develop a sense of school pride and make sure that students’ appearance does not cause a distraction or constitute a threat to anyone’s health or safety. Students must be in full uniform in order to attend classes and must remain in full uniform throughout the day. Please note that uniform is NOT required when students attend the satellite location.
Please review the uniform policy and dress code below:
- Park East logo polo (short-sleeved), Park East logo crew neck shirt (long-sleeved), Park East T-shirt, or East Harlem Pride T-shirt
- Park East logo hoodie or quarter-zip fleece
- Non-Park East hoodies or zip-up sweaters in solid colors are acceptable; uniform shirt worn underneath must be visible.
- Jean jackets are allowed on top of visible uniform shirt.
- Undershirts must be solid navy blue or white
- Navy blue or khaki dress pants (chinos), shorts, or skirt
- NO jeans, black pants, skintight stretchy pants, leggings, sweatpants, or joggers
- NO hats/headgear (other than for religious purposes)
- Regular shoes or sneakers in any color and with any design
- No tank tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, beachwear.
- No flip-flops or flimsy sandals
- Skirts, dresses, and shorts must be at least fingertip length.
- Pants must fit around the waist – no oversized, sagging pants. No visible underwear.
- On game days, athletes may wear their Park East athletic attire; sweatpants are allowed then.
Note that the dress code applies during special events; however, students may be allowed to wear other items based on the day’s activities as approved by administration.
Recommended: 4-5 shirts, 2 hoodies and/or fleeces, 3-5 pairs of pants. Please order uniform items from the Park East High School webstore.