Uniform Policy & Order Form
Park East High School is one of many DOE schools that have adopted school uniforms. The school uniform is intended to develop a sense of school pride and make sure that students’ appearance does not cause a distraction or constitute a threat to anyone’s health or safety. Students must be in full uniform in order to attend classes and must remain in full uniform throughout the day.
The uniform consists of:
- Park East logo polo (short-sleeved), Park East logo crew neck shirt (long-sleeved), Park East T-shirt, or East Harlem Pride T-shirt
- Park East logo hoodie or quarter-zip fleece
- Navy blue or khaki dress pants (chinos), shorts, or skirt, or Park East sweatpants
- Regular shoes, sneakers, or Crocs, in any color and with any design
Keep in mind that:
- Solid blue, gray, or white hoodies are allowed on top of a visible uniform shirt.
- Jean jackets and coats are allowed on top of a visible uniform shirt.
- Undershirts must be solid navy blue or white.
- Skirts, dresses, and shorts must be at least fingertip length.
- Pants must fit around the waist – no oversized, sagging pants. No visible underwear.
- On game days, athletes may wear their Park East athletic attire.
Students may not wear:
- Jeans, black pants, skintight stretchy pants, leggings, joggers, or non-PE sweatpants
- Hats/headgear, other than for religious purposes
- Hoods of their hoodies up over their heads
- Tank tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, or other beachwear.
- Flip-flops or flimsy sandals
Note that the dress code applies during special events; however, students may be allowed to wear other items based on the day’s activities as approved by administration.
Recommended items: 4-5 shirts, 2 hoodies and/or fleeces, 3-5 pairs of pants. Please order uniform items from the Park East High School webstore.