**SCHOOL IS OPEN**
Wednesday, January 28th
REGENTS EXAM CHANGES
- The Global History and Algebra Regents has been RESCHEDULED for Thursday, January 29th, 2015. Global History will begin at 9:15am and Algebra will begin at 1:15pm.
- Global History Tutoring is now on Wednesday, January 28th from 9am-12pm AND Thursday, January 29th from 8am-9am.
- Algebra Tutoring is now on Thursday, January 29th from 9am-12pm.
- All Wednesday Exams and Tutoring have not been affected at this time.
- There are NO Regents Exams on Friday.
- Please check back here, for further updates as they become available.
Former Young Lords Activist Visits Park East
Iris Morales, former Young Lords activist, documentarian and author spoke to AP Spanish and Government classes January 16th, 2015. Youth action and grassroots community change was the theme of the day. "¡Palante!"
Park East Hosts Art Show 2015!
Park East hosted its annual Art Show and Silent Auction with students, staff and parents in attendance. Participants were able to enjoy a sampling of the Art Portfolio students work over the semester, while enjoying cheese & crackers, grapes and other homemade baked goods.
Author Eric Devine visits Park East English Classes and Book Club
The January 2015 visit of author Eric Devine was a huge success! Mr. Devine, who authored Press Play, entertained us with his stories, answered questions from students, signed books, and definitely earned a few new fans along the way. He signed and donated extra copies of Press Play to the schools library.
Park East Awarded 2015 Grants for Gardens and our Gymnatorium!
Park East is awarded a Lowe's Education Grant for $5,000 to help improve our Gymnatorium! Thank you Lowe's!
Park East is awarded a Service-Learning Grant for $1,000 to help teach youth about urban gardening and sustainability, while beautifying our school.
Park East Math Teacher Wins Prestigious Award!
Congratulations to Ms Brady winning the Sloan Award for Excellence in Teaching. The sixth-annual Sloan Awards recipients, who have been teaching math or science in city high schools for at least five years, were chosen by a panel of scientists, mathematicians and educators.