Park East Uniform Policy
Park East High School is one of many DOE schools that have adopted school uniforms. The school uniform is intended to develop a sense of pride and self-discipline. By choosing to attend Park East High School, students, and parents make a commitment to comply with and support the school uniform code.
STUDENTS must be in FULL UNIFORM in order to attend classes, and MUST REMAIN IN FULL UNIFORM THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
Our uniform allows many student choices while ensuring that students are neatly, and appropriately dressed for learning. Our uniform code is as follow:
- Park East logo polo (navy blue or white).
- Park East logo V-neck sweater or PE hoodie only (non-school hoodies are not permitted).
- Seasonal T-shirts (navy or white) are considered uniform through October and from Spring break until the end the year. T-shirts are sold at different times throughout the year for sports, clubs, and events at PE.
- Thermal undershirts must be a solid color (navy blue or white).
- Navy blue or khaki dress pants, shorts, skirts – solid colors only.
- Regular shoes or sneakers with any design or color are acceptable.
- No logos, pictures or writing on clothing.
- No sweats, joggers, denim or jeans.
- No tank tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, beachwear. No visible underwear.
- Flimsy sandals, flip-flops, and “heelys” are not permitted.
- “Wrong-sized clothes” – either too big or too small – may not be worn to school.
- Skirts, dresses and shorts must be at least fingertip length.
- Pants must be fit around the waist – oversized sagging pants are not part of the school uniform.
PE athletic attire only on game days, shirts only, no sweats, and all athletes must wear the same attire!
* The same dress code applies during special events; however, students may be allowed to wear items based on the day’s activities as approved by administration.
Recommended: 4-5 polos, 2 hoodies and sweatshirts, 3-5 pants